Every company today has a responsibility -- and multiple opportunities -- to put green practices in place. According to an article in a recent issue of Mobility magazine, relocation management companies are part of an industry leading the charge when it comes to green initiatives.
When you select a business relocation service where environmentally-friendly practices are part of the corporate value system, the benefits will be felt throughout the relocation process.
Some signs that your business relocation service is “green”:
- A green business relocation service will provide most of their relocation management services over the Web, through Software as a Software, minimizing paperwork.
A green business relocation service will be open to virtual conferences and other ways to minimize commuting costs (and its effect on a company's carbon footprint).
Business Relocation Service Providers
A business relocation service will work with partners and subcontractors also committed to a green way of doing business. This includes working with:
- Certified Green Realtors and EcoBrokers, who can help employees select eco-friendly housing
- Appraisers who can accurately assess the value of a green home
- Inspectors who understand environmental issues and can communicate these issues to clients
- Household goods movers who use diesel-electric hybrid trucks, recyclable packing materials and boxes, and takes other steps to reduce their carbon footprint