Every company today has a responsibility -- and multiple opportunities -- to put green practices in place. Corporate relocation service companies are part of an industry leading the charge when it comes to green initiatives.
When you select a corporate relocation service where environmentally-friendly practices are part of the corporate value system, the benefits will be felt throughout the relocation process.
Some signs that your corporate relocation service is “green?”
- A green corporate relocation service will provide most of their relocation management services over the Web, through Software as a Service, minimizing paperwork.
- A green corporate relocation service will be open to virtual conferences and other ways to minimize commuting costs (and its effect on a company's carbon footprint)
Corporate Relocation Service Providers
A corporate relocation service will work with partners and subcontractors also committed to a green way of doing business. This includes working with:
- Certified Green Realtors and EcoBrokers, who can help employees select eco-friendly housing
- Appraisers who can accurately assess the value of a green home
- Inspectors who understand environmental issues and can communicate these issues to clients
- Household goods movers who use diesel-electric hybrid trucks, recyclable packing materials and boxes, and takes other steps to reduce their carbon footprint
By asking the right questions when you research a corporate relocation service and finding one that believes in green values, you can save money on relocation costs, reduce your corporate carbon footprint (and that of your employees) and know you're doing the right thing.